Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Breakfast Sausage Casserole
"Delicious breakfast casserole with gravy. The perfect start to any morning."
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir the sausage in the hot skillet until crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread the bread cubes into the prepared dish; sprinkle the browned sausage and Cheddar cheese overtop.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until smooth; add the salt, mustard powder, and 2 cups of milk and whisk until evenly blended. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Whisk together the cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup milk; pour over the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm and golden brown, about 1 1/2 hours.
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Boilermaker Tailgate Chili
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours
Ready In: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
"Ground beef, Italian sausage, beans, and a tomato base come together with lots of flavor and spice in this popular chili recipe. It's perfect for tailgating before football games or any time of year."
2 pounds ground beef chuck
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy
2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 large yellow onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 green chile peppers, seeded and
1 tablespoon bacon bits
4 cubes beef bouillon
1/2 cup beer
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (e.g.
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 (10.5 ounce) bag corn chips such as
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar
Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
Pumpkin Pie Crunch
Serves: 15 servings
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Gently sprinkle the cake mix powder over the pumpkin mixture top with pecans.
- Drizzle melted butter over the cake mix & pecans layer.
- Bake 25 minutes uncovered. Cover with foil and bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and uncover (be careful, the steam will be hot). Cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve with ice cream.
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Reindeer Chow (Muddy Buddies)
- 14 Cups Chex cereal
- 18 oz holiday m&ms
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate, bar or chips
- ½ Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 Cups powdered sugar
- Melt the peanut butter and butter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 30 second intervals until butter is melted. Add the chocolate a little at a time until all is melted into the mix. You might need to microwave one last time to make sure everything is melted and add the vanilla. Stir together.
- In a large bowl add half of the cereal.
- Drizzle half of the chocolate peanut butter mixture into the cereal in the bowl. Mix with a spoon.
- Place one large paper bag into another one. Add ½ cup of the powdered sugar and half of the mixed cereal into the bag. Close this tightly and shake vigorously. Add more powdered sugar ½ cup at a time if needed until all the cereal is coated. Add ¼ of the m&ms into the bag and toss. Place in an air tight container.
- Continue these step with the remaining ingredients.
- Keep stored in an air tight container. I personally love to keep it in the freezer, YUM!
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
1 package Quick Yeast
2 T warm water
2 1/3 c. flour
1 1/2 t. sugar
1/2 t. salt
3 t baking powder
1/3 c shortening or butter
1 c. cold buttermilk (1 tsp vinegar in milk if no buttermilk)
Dissolve yeast in warm water, rest for 5 minutes. Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder. Cut in butter or shortening. Mix in buttermilk and yeast mixture. Mix together, roll out.
Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes.
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour. Let sit for a minute. Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk. Season with salt and cayenne. Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk. Reduce heat and stir in cheese. Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Top with some paprika for color. Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.