Anderson's Split Pea Soup/Crock Pot Version
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups split peas , rinsed and picked over
- 1 stalk celery , coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot , chopped
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine water, peas, celery, carrot, onion, thyme, red pepper and bay leaf in crock pot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low until split peas and vegetables are tender (anywhere from 6-8 hours).
- Press soup through fine sieve and reheat just to boiling point or use hand blender to smooth.